Kelley Lynn is a stand-up comedian, actor, writer, speaker, the girl in the viral sensation Vine video #mcfallen, and recently became a grief coach; living in the NYC and Massachusetts area. (lots of traveling back and forth) She has written articles on and done one-on-one exclusive interviews with celebs such as Tracey Gold, Cloris Leachman, and most recently, Trisha Yearwood, for various online entertainment sites. Kelley’s hilarious, mocking weekly reviews for www.theworkprint.com, have become legendary on Twitter. Tom Bergeron often shares and retweets her weekly reviews of “Dancing With the Stars”, and has referred to Kelley’s writing and humor as “wonderfully snarky.” In addition to DWTS, Kelley also writes weekly reviews for “The Bachelor”, making fun of every single second of it’s insane ridiculousness. Kelley is also honored to be a weekly writer for the Soaring Spirit’s blog “Widows Voice”, and a featured weekly writer at LoveTV, where she writes about sex, dating, and love – from the widowed perspective. Kelley is honored to have been chosen as a speaker for TEDx, where she will present her TED talk in NY about grief and death. The talk can be found live-stream on March 31st, as well as archived afterwards, at www.tedxadelphiuniversity.com
Kelley has performed stand-up comedy in numerous NYC clubs, as well as in various venues around the country. In addition to teaching a rotating 7-Week Comedy Workshop in the city for The Actors Network, she was an Adjunct Professor at Adelphi University; teaching acting and Stand-Up Comedy for the past 16 years. Kelley has performed with such names as Judy Gold, Amy Schumer, Jim Gaffigan, and Elayne Boosler. She has been featured in several comedy videos for the “OpieRadio” YouTube channel (“The Opie and Jim Norton Show” – xm/Sirius satellite radio). Most recently, a Vine video featuring Kelley called #McFallen, went viral , with the term Mcfallen becoming a hashtag trending sensation. The Vine came from an original full length video , called “Oh! Ive McFallen”, on the @opieradio youtube channel. Both videos can be found on my websites VIDEO page.
On July 13th, 2011, Kelley’s life changed forever when her dear husband of almost 5 years collapsed at work and died from a sudden, massive heart-attack. He was a healthy 46 year old paramedic, animal activist, and Air Force veteran. In March 2012; Kelley wrote, directed, and starred in an original one-woman show about her husband’s death entitled: “My Husband Is Not a Rainbow”, in the Network’s One-Act Play Festival, where she placed in the Semi-Finals. Kelley has taken her “dead husband comedy” to several venues and events, including performing stand-up for a couple hundred psychiatrists, therapists, and doctors at an Awards Event. Kelley has presented her comedic, 75-minute talk, to groups of widowed men and women, at the Soaring Spirits “Camp Widow” www.campwidow.org events, in San Diego, Tampa, and Toronto, since 2012.
Kelley is currently working on her first book: “My Husband Is Not a Rainbow: The Brutally Awful, Hilarious Truth About Life, Love, Grief, and Loss”, with a tentative release of winter 2017. To date, Kelley’s biggest and proudest accomplishment, is being BLOCKED by President Trump, on Twitter. (he was President-elect when he blocked me, but it’s still cool. )
BONUS KELLEY FACTS:
- Kelley is afraid of the number 7. She finds the number 7 to be especially frightening, when someone draws it with a line through the middle. The number 9 is fun and pleasing to her, and the 7 appears creepy and angular and mean.
- Kelley has weird food issues that cannot be explained. She hates ketchup with the fire of a thousand suns. Watching someone’s chin drip with butter and corn pieces while they eat corn on the cob, is enough to send Kelley into panic mode. She cannot eat anything that involves“wet” bread, such as sloppy joes, or a “hot open turkey sandwich.” (which sounds oddly sexual and disturbing.) Kelley loves the taste of mayonnaise, but if she sees it coming out of the corners of her sandwich, or on the corner’s of someone’s mouth, she will have to leave the room immediately, and not eat the sandwich at all.
- When Kelley was 20 years old, she was arrested in a Caldor department store for shoplifting 1980’s compilation cassette tapes. It was one of the most embarrassing moments of her life.
- While working as a Tour Guide at Radio City Music Hall years ago, Kelley was once screamed at by Barry Manilow, when she walked a group of tourists into the middle of his sound-check rehearsal. Barry instructed Kelley that her tourists were to put their cameras away immediately, and would not be able to watch the rehearsal. Barry was wearing a red satin jacket and sporting a lovely permed hair-cut, as he barked out these orders to Kelley.
- In the 1980’s, during her high school years, a smart-ass friend of Kelley’s entered her into “The Miss Teen Massachusetts Pagent”, knowing how much Kelley despised “girly things” such as this. She did the pagent, came in as 3rd Runner-up, and went home with a plastic trophy, and a years supply of Hawaiian Tropic tanning lotion.
- Kelley loathes all forms of exercise, especially running – and immensely enjoys eating cake, all forms of potato, and anything involving gravy.
- A video of Kelley Lynn falling in a McDonalds and saying “Ive McFallen” has become an overnight internet sensation!!! See it on her video page on this site.